Webinar: Three Myths About Diversity
Diversity is one of the most misunderstood topics in organizations today. Many people have heard the term but don’t know what it really means so they ask questions like: “Isn’t Diversity required by the EEOC?” Or, “Isn’t Diversity Human Resources’ responsibility?” Or, “Diversity is part Affirmative Action – right?” The answer to all three of these questions is “No.” But they are helpful to ask because they illustrate some of the myths that are perpetuated about diversity.
At its best, diversity is a business strategy that has been shown to increase an organization’s ability to achieve better bottom-line performance and sustain its growth and prosperity. It’s most effective when it’s focused on increasing opportunity for personal and organizational achievement – not on inaccurate beliefs about legalities, obligations and rules.
Participants Will Learn
- Define Diversity in a positive way and see how it works in concert with inclusiveness
- Understand the three most common misperceptions or myths about diversity
- Recognize how community and organizational cultures clash and how they can work together more effectively
- Develop personal approaches to overcome their own myths about diversity
- Identify actions that can make diversity a productive strategy for their organizations
Visit https://register.gotowebinar.com/register/1113516495968035331 to