Retiree Medicare Part D Workshop
Retiree drug coverage changes, learn how to enroll in Part D
The State of Maryland Department of Budget & Management announced a change to Retiree Prescription coverage that becomes effective January 1, 2019. Effective January 1, 2019 retirees and/or their dependents will need to enroll in Medicare Part D if they are medicare eligible. We have set up a page on the Human Resources website with more information on this change.
This workshop is intended for Retirees and prospective retirees (retiring in the next 12 months) needing assistance with enrolling in Medicare Part D. This workshop will be led by a representative from the Baltimore County State Health Insurance Program (SHIP) and will cover the following topics:
- How does Medicare cover my drugs?
- What is the Medicare Part D Benefit?
- When and how can I enroll in a Part D Plan?
- Is there any help to pay for the Part D plan costs?
- How do I select a plan from the 21 options?
- Step by step instructions on how to utilize the online Medicare Plan Finder. The Medicare Plan finder is a tool that enables retirees to research, select, and enroll in a Part D plan that best meets the individual needs