Pension Pre-Retirement Seminar
Thursday, September 12, 2019
Thursday, September 12, 2019 · All Day
UMBC is pleased to once again host the Maryland State Retirement and Pension Agency for the annual Pension Pre-Retirement Seminar on Thursday, September 12, 2019, 8:30am - 4:00pm.
Please Note: The Pension Pre-Retirement seminar is for State employees enrolled in the Employees/Teachers Pension. Employees enrolled in the ORP can attend the ORP Pre-Retirement Seminar in the Spring.
This all-day seminar will be held at UMBC's BW-Tech South Campus and is open to UMBC employees who are in the Pension and State employees.
The seminar covers retiree pension options, estate planning, retiree health benefits, Medicare, and Social Security. This is a very comprehensive seminar that fills up very quickly, so please register now!
Registration is now open through CCBC. To register for the UMBC location, please follow these instructions:
1. Click on this link: http://www.ccbcmd.edu/ceed-preretirement-state
2. The list of seminars and dates are in the left-hand column; scroll down to locate the preferred date and then drag that “course” to the schedule box on the right.
3. Confirm the seminar selected is correct and click on Register.
4. A login box will pop up, click on Create New Account. (Please note: if you receive a message that your information currently exists, this means you have previously attended a Pre-Retirement Seminar or other course at CCBC and are already in the system. Please call 443-840-5059 to complete your registration and provide the Course Number: 73133)
5. On the registration screen, click on Continue, then Finalize Registration.
6. Print a confirmation for your records.
You should receive an email confirmation of your registration within three business days.