Webinar: Beyond Engagement
Presentations That Move Your Audience to Learning and Action
Presentations are notoriously boring, painful, and ineffective—even when delivered in training programs. Good presenters engage; but great presenters go beyond engagement to help people learn, remember, and take action.
In this webinar, internationally-renowned learning consultant (and research translator), Will Thalheimer, helps attendees reimagine presentations from a science-of-learning perspective. In this incisive session, he will share concepts like screen geography, eye paths, and visual credibility while describing practical ways to get rid of all our bullet points, utilize white space, guide attention, and support our audience in remembering and taking action. He’ll also provide an extensive job aid to all participants, outlining over 100 presentation-skill recommendations based on the ELRA (Engagement, Learning, Remembering, Action) model.
Participants will learn:
- To be motivated to champion a science-of-learning approach to presentations
- To replace bullet points with high-credibility alternatives
- How to respond to the eye-path phenomenon with better slide designs
- Ways to avoid the most serious problems caused by branding and logos
- How to engage audience members with scenario-based questions