RetireWise Series Session 1: Building the Foundation
Financial basics, budgeting, the power of compounding
Tuesday, August 4, 2020 · 3 PM - 4 PM
From budgeting and building an emergency fund to determining your investment options and creating a will, there’s something for everyone to learn in this MetLife four-part financial education series. Spouses and partners are welcome to attend!
Session 1: Building the Foundation
Date: August 4, 2020
Time: 3:00 - 4:00 EST
Register in myUMBC
Please Note: Zoom instructions will be distributed prior to the training. If you have questions please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Begin to envision the retirement you want. Can you picture it?
In this session, you will learn how to finance the retirement you want based on current and future retirement trends. MetLife will cover financial basics and budgeting for retirement. Employees will start to see how and what they will have to contribute to the retirement they want.
- Envisioning your retirement
- Using your money more wisely
- Basic money principles and their relevance in financial planning:
- Paying yourself first
- Creating a budget
- Power of compounding
- Tax diversification strategy
- Tax-advantaged investing
- Understanding the impact of inflation
- Budgeting for today (and tomorrow)
- Create a personalized budget:
- Estimating expenses today
- Using today’s income and expenses to estimate retirement cash flow needs