Webinar: Get Engaged
Say I DO to EQ and Effective Workplace Communication
Emotional intelligence (EQ) is the ability to understand and manage your own emotions and those of the people around you. You can have the highest IQ around, but without the ability to relate to your emotions and influence others with effective communication skills, you can’t take your career to the next level. Teams that have high EQ develop more collaborative and creative work cultures, achieve goals and complete projects on-time, and develop stronger relationships with internal colleagues and clients.
This session will explain techniques and tips on how to be a more effective communicator at work by fostering your emotional intelligence skills. Topics include learning to “Read the Room” at work, how to effectively communicate to colleagues while working virtually, how to become a more active listener, and how to utilize storytelling at work to better communicate your message to all audiences. Participants will learn and practice techniques that enable them to control their emotions and evaluate emotions of others so that they can decrease conflict, minimize stress, and cultivate a positive work culture.
Participants will learn:
- Techniques to become a more effective communicator at work.
- How to enhance social skills and relationship building techniques with colleagues.
- How to control emotional reactions at work and self-regulate.
- The importance of storytelling as a business communications tool.
- How to better communicate virtually with colleagues and clients.