CSJ: Disability Justice Winter Reading Group - Meeting #2
Topic: We're Not Done Yet
From November to January, the Women's Center is hosting our Critical Social Justice: Disability Justice Reading Group. All of our readings will be sent out each month and participants are invited to join us for monthly discussions!
- Judith Heumann, “TED Talk: Our fight for disability rights and why we’re not done yet,” 2016, video and transcript accessible here
- Jeremy Woody as told to Christie Thompson, "The Isolation of Being Deaf in Prison," published in Disability Visibility, 2020(scan available here on Box)
- Jen Deerinwater, "The Erasure of Indigenous People in Chronic Illness," published in Disability Visibility, 2020 (scan available here on Box)
- Elsa R. Sjunneson, "My Life Has Quality," 2020, originally published and available on on Disability Visibility Project blog
- Britney Wilson and Lucy Treishmann interviewed by Leah Todd for The Activist Podcast, "Episode 43: The Power of Art: Talking Disability Justice and Movements for Liberation," 2021, audio and transcript available here