Active Learning Online √ §
How do we keep students engaged with groups and discussions?
The emphasis in this session will be on the pedagogy of active learning online--how these approaches can help you achieve your goals for student learning during remote instruction. While we will discuss the affordances that the tools provide for achieving your goals, this session will not provide step-by step instructions for using online tools. Please see the training programs offered by instructional technology for specific help in using tools.
§ Counts towards INNOVATE Certificate
Part of the FDC The Diverse Classroom Series!
UMBC’s Faculty Development Center continues the Diverse Classroom Series launched in February 2017!
Sessions in this series are designed to help you capture UMBC’s strengths in diversity to create vibrant learning environments--environments that effectively challenge and support every student. During interactive sessions, faculty and staff colleagues will help you address challenges and explore key questions, for example,
- How can you learn about your classroom audience to better connect with your students and reflect on their learning needs?
- How can you make your classroom more hospitable for all learners?
- How can you handle sensitive discussions in your classroom?
- How can you ensure that students from different academic and social backgrounds and with different physical and cognitive abilities experience classrooms where they are welcomed, challenged, and supported?
- Faculty and staff who aspire to make their classrooms more inclusive of our diverse student population.
- For additional resources, see https://fdc.umbc.edu/resources/the-diverse-classroom/