Safeguarding Your Security Clearance
Your Guide to a Successful SF-86
Getting Through the Security Clearance Application–5 Tips to a Successful SF-86
Avoid the common mistakes applicants make on SF-85 or SF-86 that could delay or disqualify you from a job you worked hard to achieve. Join us on June 29 at 11 AM EDT as the Attorneys at Shaw Bransford & Roth cover the top five mistakes we see applicants make on their security clearance and suitability forms, and how to avoid them.
For 40 years, SBR has seen the gambit of applicant errors in the security clearance process–let us help!
The presenting attorney will:
- Describe with examples how applicants make each of the top five mistakes;
- Discuss the relevant adjudicative guidelines including the recently updated Office of the National Security Director guidance on marijuana use; and,
- Offer tips for how to avoid making the top five mistakes that could delay or disqualify you from performing work for the federal government.
Who should attend?
- Federal employees and contractors applying to obtain or maintain a security clearance
- Applicants for “sensitive positions” in the federal government
- Individuals required to complete a SF-85 for federal or contract employment
- Contractor attorneys and human resources personnel advising applicants on completing SF-86 and SF-85 applications
Join us and minimize your risk!
This event is facilitated by the organization and open to the general public. It is not hosted or organized by the UMBC Career Center.