MSKView: Diversity Recruitment Event for MSK Scientific Labs
Apply by January 20th to register for this event!
APPLY BY JANUARY 20, 2021 by vising: https://www.mskcc.org/event/mskview-one-day-symposium-about-diversity-and-inclusion-research-msk
Memorial Sloan Kettering is a world-renowned cancer center known for its innovative cancer research and outstanding patient care. More than 100 laboratories are pursuing cutting-edge research in immunology, neuroscience, pharmacology, chemical biology, structural biology, developmental biology, computational biology, cell biology, and molecular biology.
MSK is also committed to diversity and inclusion, and we are eager to host you at a one-day symposium on accessing postgraduate opportunities and career pathways in biomedical and life science research in MSK laboratories. The MSKVIEW diversity day enables students who might not typically consider a postdoc at MSK the opportunity to see firsthand if MSK would be a good match for them.
On February 4 and 5, we are hosting the MSKVIEW diversity day, designed to provide senior-level graduate students from underrepresented groups insights about training as a postdoc at MSK.
During this virtual event, selected participants will:
- learn about the cutting-edge science being conducted at MSK
- meet MSK faculty in one-on-one meetings and roundtables
- hear from current trainees about how they decided to conduct their postdoctoral training at MSK
- receive insights on how to chart their course and navigate career development beyond graduate school and postgraduate training
- get a chance to present their research and connect with colleagues
Note: This virtual event is geared toward senior graduate students in biomedical fields who are interested in postdoc positions in the next two years.
Participation in the symposium will be on a selected basis; eligible candidates will be notified by the end of January 2021.
Given that the focus of the symposium will be on postgraduate training, we invite:
- PhD and MD/PhD students who are two years or less from defending their thesis
- PhD, MD, and MD/PhD postgraduate researchers who are interested in a second postdoc
- All biologists, chemists, physicists, and computational scientists who fit the above criteria and are interested in pursuing careers in biomedical research are encouraged to apply. Students from underrepresented groups are especially encouraged to apply. Underrepresented groups include, but are not limited to: African Americans, Hispanics/Latinxs, Native Americans, Pacific Islanders, those with disabilities, and students from disadvantaged backgrounds.
- Welcome and Introduction to MSK Research and Postdoc Benefits
- Invitees Presentations
- One-on-One with Faculty, Part One
- Life at MSK: Postdoc Panel
- Career Insights from MSK: Faculty Panel
- One-on-One with Faculty, Part Two
Date & Time(s)
Thursday, February 4, 2021 - 9:00 am
Friday, February 5, 2021 - 9:00 am
This is an external event not affiliated with the Career Center nor UMBC.