Overview of the Foreign Affairs IT Fellowship (FAIT)
Join to learn more about the Foreign Affairs IT Fellowship!
- Be a U.S. citizen;
- Be enrolled in an undergraduate degree program relevant to Information Technology at a U.S.-based accredited institution and entering your junior year in fall 2021, OR
- Be seeking admission in an IT-related master’s degree program at a U.S.-based accredited institution beginning in fall 2021;
- Hold a minimum 3.2 GPA on a 4.0 scale at the time of the application, and maintain this GPA through participation in the program;
- Agree to a minimum five-year commitment with the Foreign Service upon successful completion of the program and the State Department’s requirements.
- Minority groups historically underrepresented in the State Department are encouraged to apply: this includes but is not limited to racial, ethnic, geographic, and gender minorities, as well as those with financial need.