CAHSS Careers Conference
Calling all arts, humanities & social science majors!
The UMBC Career Center is partnering with the College of Arts, Humanities & Social Sciences (CAHSS) to co-sponsor the fourth annual CAHSS Careers Conference for Arts, Humanities & Social Science Majors, now in a virtual format! Join us for an afternoon of getting to know the value of your unique degree and the resources your College and Career Center have to offer you.
Dean Kimberly Moffitt of the College of Arts, Humanities & Social Sciences
3:40 p.m. - Employer Panel
Learn why these organizations hire arts, humanities & social science majors.
- Chesapeake Bay Foundation represented by Betsy Lines, HR Manager of Recruitment & Engagement
- Kennedy Krieger Institute represented by Brody Cavanaugh, Manager of Patient Services
- Morgan Stanley represented by Dawn Biedenkapp, VP in Compliance Division
- Maryland Art Place represented by Caitlin Gill, Program Manager and Artist Registry Coordinator
4:10 p.m. - Network with the Employers
This is your chance to connect directly with one or more of our panelists via an informal breakout session.
4:25 p.m. - "College to Career: Preparing for Graduation & Beyond"
Get the scoop on upcoming recruitment events specifically for liberal arts majors, career & academic resources, and more! Presented by James Hamilton, CAHSS Academic Advising, and Kacie Lawrence, Career Center liaison to CAHSS.
4:45 p.m. - Alumni Panel
Stories and career insights from successful UMBC alums
- Andrew Arvizu, History ’18 and ’20, Assistant Administrator, Maryland Heritage Area Authority
- Heather Mortimer, Science Communication ’18, Graphic Designer & Technical Writer, NASA Goddard Space Flight Center
- Vanessa Barksdale, Social Work ’17, Founder & Principal Consultant, Modernist Communication Strategies
- Sandi Htut, Health Administration & Policy '12, Epidemiologist, Ohio Department of Health
5:15 p.m. - Network with the Alumni (optional)
Chat with the alums individually and ask follow-up questions via an informal breakout session.
PLEASE RSVP BELOW!Students of all arts, humanities, and social science disciplines are encouraged to attend.
If you have questions or need accommodations, please contact Kacie Lawrence, Associate Director of Internships & Employment, at email@example.com.