Pre-Application Webinar: NIA REDI Program
Learn about NIA's new program that prepares early scientists
Pre-Application Webinar: NIA Research and Entrepreneurial Development Immersion (REDI) program
Learn about NIA's new program that prepares early-career scientists for careers beyond the lab
NIA recognizes the need and value for broad-based training, including entrepreneurial development, at all stages of career development and research funding. We are excited to share the launch of the NIA Research and Entrepreneurial Development Immersion (REDI) program. This new initiative offers early-career scientists, particularly those from diverse backgrounds, the opportunity to navigate additional professional avenues while advancing the field of age-related discoveries.
REDI encompasses several research training initiatives that prepare trainees for success in many career paths, including those outside academic research:
- REDI Mentored Entrepreneurial Career Development Award (K01) provides salary and training support to early-career scientists.
- REDI Entrepreneurship Enhancement Award (R25) promotes the development of entrepreneurial education training programs by supporting stakeholders, including but not limited to, educational institutions, accelerators, and hubs.
- REDI SBIR and STTR Transition Awards enable the transition of early-career scientists into the industry.
Tuesday, August 10, 2021
2 p.m. ET
Saroj Regmi, Ph.D.
Program Officer, Office of Small Business Research
National Institute on Aging
National Institutes of Health
Follow us on Twitter and LinkedIn
Join the NIA Office of Small Business Research (OSBR) for a pre-application webinar on the REDI program on Tuesday, August 10, at 2 p.m. ET. This webinar will provide prospective applicants with an overview of the funding opportunities, including eligibility, application requirements, and application guidance, as well as a discussion around NIA’s critical focus areas and research priorities designed for the program.
NIA staff will moderate a Q&A discussion regarding the scope of this training program and funding opportunity, as well as the technical details regarding application submission. Prospective applicants are encouraged to submit questions in advance of the webinar via the registration form or by email to Saroj Regmi, Ph.D: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Webinar Will Feature:
- An overview of the REDI program and funding announcements
- Tips for submitting a competitive application
- Upcoming funding opportunities and deadlines
- Opportunities to discuss your application with OSBR and program staff
Who Should Attend?
Individuals from the following groups are encouraged to attend:
- Early-career scientists in academia or industry
- Principal investigators or project directors from university and research institutions
- Graduate students or postdoctoral researchers
- Applicants from diverse backgrounds
For more information and to register for this information session, please visit: https://ogilvy.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_9_raDXn5SpuF5DkEk131mg?utm_source=NIA+Main&utm_campaign=a63bc44fcd-EMAIL_CAMPAIGN_2019_12_19_11_01_COPY_01&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_ffe42fdac3-a63bc44fcd-18558440
This is an external event not affiliated with the Career Center nor UMBC