Improving Diversity in Biotech by Leveraging SBIR/STTR
Join BIO, the National Institute on Aging Office of Small Business Research, the National Center for Advancing Translational Sciences Small Business Program, and the National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism Small Business Program on Tuesday, September 14 at 1 p.m. ET for Improving Diversity in Biotech by Leveraging SBIR/STTR Opportunities, the final session in the 2021 NIH-BIO Summer Series.
BIO President and CEO Michelle McMurry-Heath, MD, Ph.D., will lead this diversity-focused discussion and will highlight NIH’s SBIR and STTR programs across three NIH institutes and centers. The conversation will also feature NIH’s efforts and resources to improve the diversity of the research workforce.
- An in-depth discussion on the importance of diverse talent within the biotech space
- BIO and NIH resources that support women-owned small businesses, as well as entrepreneurs from socially and economically disadvantaged backgrounds
- Women-owned small businesses, as well as entrepreneurs from socially and economically disadvantaged backgrounds
- Small biotech and/or health care technology businesses
- State BIO organizations
- Incubators and Accelerators
- Academic researchers
- Entrepreneurial Development and Technology transfer organizations null