Summer Intern Opportunities for Graduate and Undergrads!
REGISTER TODAY Government Accountability Office Coffee Chats
Andrea Dawson '07, Political Science (Masters in Public Policy from Duke University)
Danielle Giese, ’99, Africana Studies and Political Science
Caitlyn Leiter Mason, ’14, Gender & Women’s Studies and Political Science
Leslie McNamara '14, History
Bethann Ritter, ’01, American Studies and Political Science
Specific duties may include:
- Planning, prioritizing, and/or balancing own work assignments, identifying feasible work management approaches that address required activities and timelines.
- Developing, identifying, contributing to, and/or using techniques, tools, and processes that are methodologically sound and targeted to job requirements.
- Collecting relevant information that is aligned with objectives/planning decisions and meets needs.
- Conducting analyses that yield quality information aligned with needs; identifying relevant information, patterns/inconsistencies, relationships, interdependencies, and potential implication.
- Preparing quality written work that meets relevant writing and evidence standards, and that is appropriately targeted to the audience and purpose.
- Communicating relevant and accurate information during formal or informal presentations, meetings, or interviews.
- Partnering or collaborating with others to address issues or solve problems; following up with others to ensure needs are met.
- Contributing to team efforts through participation in activities/meetings, soliciting and listening to others’ opinions, and working collaboratively to accomplish team goals.
- Soliciting, listening to, and considering diverse perspectives, approaches, or viewpoints, and incorporating others’ perspectives into decision-making (when appropriate).