JP Morgan Chase Information Session
Advancing Black Pathways Fellowship Program
Please register HERE
In 2019, JPMorgan Chase launched the Advancing Black Pathways (ABP) initiative to solve some of the persistent challenges facing all people, but particularly Black communities. ABP focuses on three areas where there are persistent racial and economic disparities that create barriers to long-term financial success. Three pathways – Wealth, Education and Careers -- have been created to develop solutions that will yield the greatest tangible benefits.
Advancing Black Pathways (ABP) Fellowship Program offers a six-week paid, full-time summer fellowship held in select JPMorgan Chase & Co. offices. The ABP Fellowship Program aims to introduce talented and motivated underrepresented college sophomores, in particular Black students, to financial education and to the financial profession. The ideal candidate is interested in the financial industry and strengthening their business acumen.
This opportunity will expose students to hands-on experience, mentorship, and a project-based curriculum, designed to help build a pathway to future opportunities. The ABP Fellowship Program is committed to providing early professional development to students from communities underrepresented in the financial industry. During the Program, participants will also have the ability to experience a deep dive into one of JPMC’s Lines of Business or firmwide functions:
- Asset & Wealth Management – providing institutions and individual high net worth clients with innovative strategies and solutions to achieve their investment goals
- Commercial Banking – helping medium-sized businesses and local communities succeed with tailored products and solutions in everything from commercial lending to real estate
- Corporate & Investment Bank – helping large companies, governments and institutions achieve their strategic business goals by raising capital, restructuring, and more
- Consumer & Community Banking (Financial Advisor Development Track) – supporting millions of people and small businesses to make the most of their money, by providing them with financial advice, services and products
- Corporate & General Management – developing sound business practices and solutions for the firm and our clients including finance, audit, human resources, analytics, project and process management
- Software Engineering – building technology solutions and applications that impact millions of customers and businesses worldwide
There are different location options based on the track you select. Please note potential placement could include any of our offices within the city’s metropolitan area.
Successful completion of the Fellowship Program can lead to an offer for one of JPMC’s summer internships the following year.
This event is being hosted by a UMBC Career Center Partner. Their partnership status shows their dedication and commitment to recruiting UMBC talent.