- We are hiring immediately for a Marketing Intern position.
- Location: 1000 Hilltop Circle, Baltimore, MD. Note: online applications accepted only.
- Schedule: To be determined around class schedule and business need; more details upon interview.
- Starting pay: $12.50-13.25 per hour
We Make Applying Easy! Want to apply to this job via text messaging? Text JOB to 75000 and search requisition ID number 1040820.
At over 300 colleges and universities around the country, Chartwells Higher Education is re-inventing the on-campus dining experience. We are challenging the norm and setting new standards by investing in high-tech, food-infused social spaces that bring people together to promote meaningful relationships and interactions. We are food-forward difference makers, bound together by a desire to feed hungry minds and prepare students for success.
We are seeking hungry, humble and smart associates who are looking to join and grow with a diverse organization. We invite you to start your career journey with us and look forward to hearing from you.
In this role, you will work closely with the Marketing Manager to implement and promote the dining program here at UMBC. This involves research to understand the needs of the target market, planning & brainstorming, promotions & advertising through various platforms, and implementation. This is not your average internship; you will be spearheading various projects and will be able to request assignments to expand your knowledge base. This is a wonderful opportunity for anyone interested in the field of marketing.
• Excellent communication skills, written and verbal
• Customer service experience/knowledge
• Knowledge of social media platforms
• Good to better interpersonal skills
• General interest and knowledge
• Knowledge of graphic design tools is a plus
• Prior marketing related experience is a plus
Job Responsibilities (May include any or all):
• Assist with planning, organizing and hosting events
• Assist with Dine on Campus
• Assist in social media calendar development and promotions
• Act as a brand representative
• Conduct marketing audits
• Conduct general administrative tasks
• Complete Marketing Boot Camp
• Surveying students to collect marketing research
• Create marketing materials to numerous specifications
• Manage signage in multiple locations
• Assist with the creation of concepts, campaigns, and imagery to effectively communicate messages to the target market
• Manage website and social networking profile content
• Attend meetings or other events as required
• Demonstrate awareness, understanding and skills necessary to work in a diverse environment
• Learn how to create and implement a marketing plan
• Learn how to conduct market research and use it to generate a larger audience or increase buy‐in
• Learn how to use multiple platforms and strategies to effectively promote a brand