Frequently asked questions about scheduling on-line appointments:
How do I schedule an appointment?*
· Log-in to your myUMBC account. Click on Topics -> Jobs & Internships -> UMBCworks
· From your UMBCworks welcome page, click on “Request a Counseling Appointment”
What type of appointment should I select?
Please be sure to select the appropriate appointment length corresponding to the reason you are scheduling the appointment.
· Resume review appointments and initial UMBCworks release,
· Part-time or full-time job search appointments,
· Internship/Co-op/Research Registration (Transcript Notation/Academic Credit),
· CPT for F-1 Visa Placement
· Choosing a Major,
· Review Focus2 results,
· Resume Review (Undecided Majors),
· Career Decision Marking,
· Graduate School Application Prep,
· Personal Statements (for Grad School), Portfolio,
· Career Transition/Change
*For mock interviews or alumni appointments please call 410-455-2216 to schedule or stop by Career Services (MP212).
Please schedule or cancel appointments 24 hours in advance.
· You will receive an email confirmation from firstname.lastname@example.org regarding your appointment. Please review this email carefully and complete all specific instructions prior to your appointment.
· Should you need to reschedule or cancel your appointment, please visit the Calendar link in UMBCworks and navigate to your Counseling Appointments. Select the appropriate button and use the pop-up window to complete your cancellation or select another time.
We are here to help. Please come in if you need assistance with any of these services or if you have any other career related questions.