The office of Off-Campus Student Services (OCSS) seeks motivated, passionate, hardworking, and ethical transfer students to employ as Transfer Student Network Leaders (TSN Leaders) for the Fall 2019 and Spring 2020 semesters.
TSN Leaders will serve as advocates for transfer students on the UMBC campus, and they will assist with the retention of these students through the planning and implementation of intentional and impactful programs and events. TSN Leaders will also assist with administrative work within the OCSS office, and serve as peer mentors for our Transfer Mentor Program.
Transfer Student Network Leader Duties:
· Plan and implement workshops and programs that address the needs of transfer students
· Serve as a peer mentor to incoming transfer students (meet 1:1 with each mentee at least once a month, attend campus events with your mentees, etc.)
· Represent OCSS by sitting at the front desk and answering student, staff, and visitor questions
· Serve as a role model to UMBC students and develop a sense of community among transfer students
· Foster relationships with prospective students at surrounding community colleges and Shady Grove campus transfer students
· Assist with OCSS events as needed, including but not limited to, Welcome Week, Transfer Appreciation Week, and Commuter Week
TSN Leaders must be:
TSN Leaders must maintain a 2.5 GPA prior to and during employment with OCSS.
This application closes on Friday, March 29th at 11:59 PM. A resume must be attached at the end of this application in a PDF file.