The UMBC Career Center is seeking an executive student assistant who can work as an integral part of the Recruitment and Technology Team to support the team's core responsibilities. The candidate must be a self-starter who takes initiative and provides valuable input when necessary to improve efficiency and/or current processes. Candidate would need to excel in providing a high level of customer service both internally and externally.
We are looking for a talented individual to provide administrative support as assigned to aid the Employer Relations and Recruitment Programs Team’s efforts in (but not limited to):
- Posting jobs, creating employer/contact accounts, entering scheduling and event data in online employer/job database (UMBCworks)
- Creating reports in UMBCworks
- Data clean-up in UMBCworks
- Statistical assessment and data compilation projects
- Running recruitment events including student sign-in and event set-up which may require moving event materials to location
- Project support as needed
- On-campus marketing including posting myUMBC event details and posting flyers/posters around campus
- Completing administrative tasks, i.e. typing, filing, running errands, copying, shredding
Examples of high-level support:
- Communicate and assist students and employers (both in person and on the phone) in a professional manner and be able to effectively provide detailed information about the UMBCworks system, the recruiting program, and our events
- Review various departmental emails and distribute/respond as required
- Represent the Career Center at employer events, i.e., Corporate Visibility Days, Information Sessions and Career Fairs
- Ability to create Excel spreadsheets and charts
- Must be detail-oriented and able to make necessary changes or adjustments in UMBCworks on recruitment schedules, job postings and event entries
- Ability to proofread documents and marketing material
- Able to relate to customers with tact and diplomacy and be discreet with confidential information
Hours are flexible, roughly 10-15 hours available per week over the fall & spring semesters. Paid training for position to begin over the summer. Position offers opportunities to work over winter and summer sessions as well. Working on our team, you will be afforded the opportunity to gain intimate knowledge and insights that will help in your own career development!
Interested candidates must provide a resume AND Fall 2019 schedule/availability.