The Reverse Career Fair provides student organizations and Professional Edge Badge earners the opportunity to engage and network with company representatives. On Friday, November 1st, registrants were able to showcase the skills learned outside of the classroom to over 60 employer representatives from a wide variety of industries.
At the event, employer representatives have the opportunity to vote in the Best Booth Contest judging the following criteria:
- Did the booth represent the purpose/objective of the organization?
- Were the accomplishments of the organization clearly defined?
- Were the student representatives articulate and engaging?
- Did the booth have an element of appeal that attracted the employer?
This year's winner of the Reverse Career Fair Best Booth Contest is UMBC's American Institute of Chemical Engineers (AIChE), earning a $200 cash prize for their student organization account!
Some employers commented:
- “Good booth overall, student presentations were great”
- “Reps were extremely friendly, well-coordinated and great speakers”
- “I’m not recruiting engineers, but this association’s booth caught my attention. It clearly showcases the focus of AICHE and indicates the members put thought into their presentation. This booth stood out to me more than any other! I forgot to mention they also included demonstrations so it was interactive. Great job!
The Career Center congratulates AIChE and all of Reverse Career Fair registrants that helped to make this event a success!