Title Temporary-Assistant-Environmental Literacy & Outdoor Education
Title Code Y00062
Division/Department Environmental Literacy & Outdoor Education
Reports To (title only) Coordinator-Environmental Literacy and Outdoor Education
Current as of 7/1/2018
Is this position exempt from overtime pay? No
Assists Environmental Literacy and Outdoor Education staff in the needs of the environmental literacy and outdoor education programs. Work involves supporting program through assisting with instructional and facility needs and operations. This includes preparation of materials, outdoor instruction, evening program implementation, participating in staff development activities and helping with upkeep of educational displays. Work is planned and implemented under the direction of the Coordinator of Environmental Literacy and Outdoor Education and the professional staff.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Does this position have supervisory responsibilities? No
1. Instructs and implements lessons as a part of the Environmental Literacy field experience.
2. Assists the Outdoor Education Teacher Specialist and Outdoor Educator with parent in-services.
3. Oversees and conducts evening programs with students.
4. Organizes the set up and break down of necessary equipment and materials needed for instructional programs and activities.
5. Assists in developing instructional materials and activities for use in the outdoor education program.
6. Directs and oversees dining hall meal procedures to assure proper meal atmosphere and behavior.
7. Assists parents and teachers with instructional activities and programs as assigned.
8. Maintains tree nursery and native plant gardens as a part of the environmental and outdoor education center.
9. Assists with aquaculture maintenance.
10. Assists with upkeep of databases and administrative duties.
11. Performs other related duties as assigned.
12. Supervision and Guidance Received
13. Works under the general supervision of the Coordinator of Environmental Literacy and Outdoor Education.
14. Works under the immediate direction and supervision of the Outdoor Educator and/or other professional staff member.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made on request to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Associate's degree. Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university preferred. Preference of course work and/or studies in environmental education, environmental management, outdoor education, elementary or secondary education, recreation or a related field.
Shift Type Temporary, as-needed
Salary Range $13.87 / hour
Location Arlington Echo
Start Date 08/19/2019
End Date 06/30/2020