Are you ready to intern within a Start-up this Spring?
If yes, apply to the Shattuck Family Internship Program for Entrepreneurship Innovation and Social Change.
The Shattuck Family Internship Program for Entrepreneurship Innovation and Social Change prepares UMBC students for the rigors and rewards of entrepreneurship and social innovation. This program places highly-motivated students from diverse backgrounds in mentored internships to better prepare them to launch for-profit ventures
Internships last one semester (15 weeks) and students will work, on average, 8 to 10 hours per week. Students receive a stipend of $1,500 toward their compensation.
- Earn a competitive stipend of $1,500 plus an opportunity to potentially earn credit
- Gain valuable experience in your career field by interning 120 hours over the course of the semester (8-10 hours per week)
- Be exposed to the knowledge, skills, and mindset required to successfully launch and manage a growing business
- Develop a network of contacts in the entrepreneurial community for future references and opportunities
- Apply classroom knowledge in a realistic work environment and apply lessons learned in the workplace to academic coursework
Interested students are asked to submit a Resume and a Cover Letter answering the following questions:
Discuss your interest in both entrepreneurship and this intern program. What has been your entrepreneurial involvement thus far such as coursework, seminars, etc. (if applicable)? What type of start-up would you like to intern for and why?
REQUIREMENTS: 2.9 GPA or above, Undergraduate student status, Open to ALL Majors
Your Resume and Cover Letter can be submitted via UMBCworks, position 9320106.
Christine Routzahn, Director
Career Center, UMBC
DEADLINE TO APPLY: Friday, 12/4