Two UMBC alumni who now work at Google will present a Google information session and two technical talks this coming Wednesday afternoon in the Library Gallery. It's a chance for both undergraduate and graduate students to learn about internship and full-time opportunities at Google. The Googlers are:
- Blazej Bulka is a currently a Senior Software Engineer at Google NYC. He received a Ph.D. in Computer Science from UMBC in 2009.
- Robert Banz is a Site Reliability Manager at Google. He received a BS in Computer Science from UMBC in 1995 and worked for UMBC's Department of Information Technology for many years before joining Google.
There will be an opportunity to network and ask questions between talks and an informal happy hour after the talks starting at 5:00pm at Flat Tuesdays in the Commons. Faculty, staff and frinds are welcome to attend the talks and happy hour.
- Noon-1:00pm Google Culture and Careers, Presented by Blazej Bulka and Robert Banz
Google culture and mission presented by two UMBC graduates who work at Google. Brief history of Google, products and projects, and first-hand relation of how it is to work for Google. The second half of the talk will describe various career opportunities (both for full-time positions and internship), including information about the interview process.
- 2:00-3:00pm Engineering Reliability at Google, Presented by Robert Banz
Keeping Google services up and running efficiently, reliably, and at scale.
- 4:00-5:00pm Research and Work at Google: Graduate Student Opportunities, Presented by Blazej Bulka
How to do research and utilize skills learned in graduate school at Google.
- 5:00- Happy Hour at Flat Tuesdays, The Commons
Let Google know you are interested in opportunities and plan to attend some of the sessions by filling out this form.