Join UMBC experts 4:00-6:00pm on Friday, 18 August 2017 at the National Press Club in Washington DC for a panel on how cybersecurity touches our everyday lives and how journalists can engage a wide range of readers in cybersecurity news. This panel will touch on topics ranging from online commerce to national conversations about security leaks and will explore how best to prepare the next generation of cybersecurity leaders to effectively tackle the challenges we are facing. Registration by August 15 preferred.
Featured panelists include:
- Freeman A. Hrabowski, III, UMBC President
- Anupam Joshi, Director, UMBC Center for Cybersecurity; Professor and Chair, Department of Computer Science and Electrical Engineering
- Rachel Cohen ’16, Computer Science and Cyber Scholar; Software Engineer, Johns Hopkins Applied Physics Laboratory
- Andy Williams, CEO, iCyberCenter@bwtech
- Tina Williams, President, TCecure, LLC; Cybersecurity Academic Innovation Officer for University System of Maryland
Contact Candace Dodson-Reed at *protected email* for questions.