Applications are now being accepted for the 2020 Center for Social Science Scholarship/CAHSS Summer Faculty Research Fellowship
Deadline: Saturday, February 15, 2020
A drop-in info session will be held on Tuesday, December 10,
from 1pm-3pm in the Public Policy Building, room 451.
Applications are now being accepted for the Center for Social Science Scholarship/CAHSS Summer Faculty Research Fellowship (SFRF). The purpose of this fellowship is to support significant social science research among tenure-track and tenured faculty in CAHSS, resulting in a submittable product by December 2020.
Applications are welcome from any tenured or tenure-track faculty doing social science research in any CAHSS department. Fellows will receive a $6,000 award during the summer of 2020. Up to three fellowships will be awarded.
By December 2020, each Fellow agrees to complete a submittable product, which can include an external grant or fellowship proposal, journal article, policy paper, book manuscript, or book chapter; upon completion, Fellows shall provide a copy of this submitted product to the Director of the Center for Social Science Scholarship. Fellows who are preparing an external proposal are expected to work with MIPAR for pre- and post-award assistance.
Interested faculty should complete and submit an application (linked above) by the specified deadline.
Applications will be reviewed and ranked by members of the Center for Social Science Scholarship Advisory Board, according to the following criteria:
- Quality of proposed research project;
- Significance of the project in its field;
- Publishing/funding potential of the work;
- Qualification of the faculty member to carry out the work, including the requisite expertise in the topic area and prior research productivity;
- Likelihood that the proposed work can be successfully completed with fellowship support and that it will result in a submittable product within the specified time period;
- Approval and recommendation of faculty member’s department chair.
Funds for this fellowship are provided by the Center for Social Science Scholarship, the College of Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences (CAHSS), and the UMBC Vice President for Research.