Student employees fulfill the following duties at the Bookstore:
- Handle high volumes of cash, checks, and credit cards; ring up customer purchases; and assist customers on the sales floor.
- Keep the register areas clean, straighten the sales floor, and assist in other areas of the store when needed.
- Receive incoming merchandise and verify order accuracy and condition, identifying discrepancies and taking corrective action when necessary.
- Process documents when receiving shipments and ensure all information is entered accurately into the store's inventory control system.
- Stock merchandise in a neat and orderly fashion, keeping in mind expiration dates for food/beverages or size availability for clothing.
- Participate in the social media efforts of the Bookstore.
If you're interested in working at the Bookstore for the Fall 2021 semester in our Team Store or Spring 2022, download the application and e-mail it to Bookstore@umbc.edu. Fill out as much of the application as possible and leave all fields blank that do not apply to you.
We pride ourselves on offering exceptional, personalized service to the students, faculty, staff, alumni, and visitors of UMBC and to all members of the surrounding communities, with excellence in customer service as the driving force as well as the ultimate goal.