The Multicultural Leadership Experience (MLE) is a collaboration between Campus Life and Initiatives for Identity Inclusion & Belonging (i3B), that seeks to:
Engage participants in a multicultural development and leadership learning program;
Enhance participants' understanding of their social identities, leader identity, as well as their capacity to lead;
And enable participants' development through authenticity, self-awareness, relationships, and capitalizing on difference.
The sessions are as follows:
- Monday, February 13th, 3 - 4:30pm
- Monday, February 27th, 3 - 4:30pm
- Monday, March 13th, 3 - 4:30pm
- Monday, April 17th, 3 - 4:30pm
- Monday, May 15th, 3 - 5:00pm
***All sessions will take place in The Commons 2B23 | The Mosaic: Center for Cultural Diversity***
Participants will be exploring the concept of Authentic Leadership, Legacy Building, and Breaking Barriers of White Supremacy within Leadership. We will do this in a leadership learning cohort by:
- Enhancing participants' leader identity and leadership capacity using an identity-conscious lens and student development theories;
- Increasing participants' awareness of their personal abilities, identity development, and intersections that shape their story through authenticity, self-reflection, and cultural humility;
- Exploring the role they play in developing relationships while building intra/intercultural connections;
- And capitalizing on their differences, specifically in relation to their racial, ethnic, national, and other salient identity social groups.
The purpose of all MLE programs is to provide a space for students and student leaders who identify within diverse or marginalized backgrounds to discover their own capacity to lead, while also promoting a better understanding of their experiences, issues, strengths, and outcomes in navigating their own collegiate careers. However, ALL students are welcome to apply!
Registration is due Monday, February 6th, 2023 at 11:59pm. If you are interested in signing up to be a part of our Spring 2023 cohort, you can sign up using this form. Both undergraduate and graduate students are eligible to participate. In order to be accepted into the program you must commit to all 5 sessions. Please answer all of the questions before submitting your registration. Any questions can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com.