Today's talk is Why we get mad - and why it’s healthy by Ryan Martin. Anger researcher Ryan Martin draws from a career studying what makes people mad to explain some of the cognitive processes behind anger -- and why a healthy dose of it can actually be useful. "Your anger exists in you ... because it offered your ancestors, both human and nonhuman, an evolutionary advantage," he says. "[It's] a powerful and healthy force in your life."
- What resonated for you in the video?
- What lived experiences do you have, either personally or professionally that align with the core message of the talk?
- As you think of your role as a student, employee, or manager what feels relevant and useful to remember?
- What are you taking away that feels meaningful - either a new perspective, a potential action, etc.
- How might we take better care of ourselves and each other during this time?