Motivating Students Online Book Chapter Discussion √ §
Part of the FDC Diverse Classroom Series!
Participants may access the ebook online at any time through the AOK library in advance of the session using the following step-by-step instructions:
- Log into myUMBC
- Go to the AOK Library Website
- In the AOK OneSearch box, type the book title and press Search
- Locate the ebook, and click on the link to Online Access under the descriptive information
√ Counts toward ALIT Certificate
UMBC’s Faculty Development Center continues the Diverse Classroom Series launched in February 2017!
Sessions in this series are designed to help you capture UMBC’s strengths in diversity to create vibrant learning environments--environments that effectively challenge and support every student. During interactive sessions, faculty and staff colleagues will help you address challenges and explore key questions, for example,
- How can you learn about your classroom audience to better connect with your students and reflect on their learning needs?
- How can you make your classroom more hospitable for all learners?
- How can you handle sensitive discussions in your classroom?
- How can you ensure that students from different academic and social backgrounds and with different physical and cognitive abilities experience classrooms where they are welcomed, challenged, and supported?
- Faculty and staff who aspire to make their classrooms more inclusive of our diverse student population.
- For additional resources, see https://fdc.umbc.edu/teaching/the-diverse-classroom/